We’re gonna get a little crazy with this next one. Negronis are one of my my all-time favorite cocktails and the addition of watermelon and egg makes for an awesome variation on the classic…yes, raw egg! Adding egg whites to cocktails is a great way to add body and texture to your drink. As long as you’re using fresh eggs and clean work surface, you don’t have to worry!
Watermelon Negroni Flip
- 3/4 oz gin (I like Plymouth Navy Strength)
- 3/4 oz Campari
- 3/4 oz sweet vermouth (I like Cocchi Vermouth di Torino)
- 1 oz watermelon juice (from about ½ cup of watermelon)
- 1 egg white
Cut and remove seeds from watermelon. Blend and strain pulp (you can skip this step, but the final cocktail won’t be as smooth)
- Combine all your ingredients into a shaker and dry shake (without ice) to emulsify for 15-20 seconds or until everything is well incorporated.
- Add ice and continue shaking until the outside of the shaker is frosty and cold.
- Strain into your glass and enjoy!