If you are an avocado lover (who isn’t) and are looking for that easy go-to summer recipe, look no further. This is the best summer avocado pasta recipe that has only five ingredients, and healthy sauce that can be added to your pasta to replace the classic Pesto sauce or fattening Alfredo sauce.
Combine the sauce onto your favorite pasta shape. I highly suggest Banza if you are looking for a healthy pasta option. It tastes like pasta but it is made out of chickpeas!
The pasta can be served hot for a delicious and hearty meal. Or you can try it cold for a nice summer pasta salad.
- 2 ripe avocados – halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- optional: salt and pepper to taste (or red pepper flakes to kick it up)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to packaging.
- Combine halved avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice into food processor.
- Begin to mix in food processor. While the motor is running, slowly add in the olive oil. Run until smooth. (Add salt and pepper to taste.)
- Combine cooked pasta and avocado sauce.
- Plate to perfection. Add your favorite mix ins and toppings.
I highly recommend adding avocado pieces to the pasta. It really brings together all the avocado flavors in the sauce and adds a nice texture. Also, you can’t go wrong with [lots] of Parmesan cheese! Enjoy!