‘Ello gov’na! Tomorrow, (Saturday, May 13) is the British Embassy’s Open House. From 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. the public is invited in to the United Kingdom’s Massachusetts Avenue Embassy & Ambassador’s Residence for a sampling of traditional British culture, this year accompanied by authentic British weather! #OMGB (Oh My Great Britain!)
British inspired restaurants will supply classic English food and beverages throughout the day. Visitors can expect samples from;
- Duke’s Grocery serving East London pub food
- The Big Cheese food truck selling British cheese toasties
- Whisky Library tastings by Compass Box Whisky, Glenfiddich, Kilchoman, Tamdhu and Spirit Imports*
- Cawston Press sampling specialty fizzy drinks
- Crabbie’s Ginger Beer samples
- Rococo Organic Chocolates samples
- Walkers Shortbread cookies
*Each whisky brand is being poured at different times. See schedule by brand below:
- 10:00-11:30 am Compass Box Whisky Company
- 12:00-1:00 pm Glenfiddich
- 1:30-2:30 pm Kilchoman & Tamdhu
- 3:00-4:00 pm Spirit Imports Inc
Britain is celebrating many milestones this year, many significant beyond UK boarders. The Open House party will honor famous British authors and characters including Jane Austen and Harry Potter, the long standing tradition of Edinburgh festivals and the UK’s Premier League.
Whether you’re in DC hopping around the British Embassy or heading to London for a weekend getaway, share your most British moments with #OMGB – Oh My Great Britain. Visit this page to see Britain’s Home of Amazing Moments campaign site.