Wouldn’t it be nice if you could make homemade, fresh, gourmet pasta that is also healthy? Well here is one recipe that will get you one step closer to achieving that goal.
Making pasta with wontons will decrease your carb and calorie count and reduce all guilt while eating an entire bowl of delicious homemade pasta.
The best part of ravioli is that there is a special something inside each bite that is also contains delicious pasta and your favorite sauce. Unlike all other pasta’s where the good stuff is the sauce laying on top, ravioli has some of the best insides.
Making ravioli is fun. It’s great for a date night, a fun homemade meal with friends or like me, a cooking night with your sister! Homemade ravioli is the perfect fall meal that is easy to make and will fill you up with no guilt included.
Try it with different fillings, sauces and toppings. I encourage you to be creative, because why not? But here is the recipe I made – mushroom, onion and kale inside and topped with browned butter sauce and a nice big piece of burrata.
- 1 pack of wonton wrappers
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup kale
- 2 tbsp Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bowl of warm water
- Pinches salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- Any additional toppings you prefer – I used burrata
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces (you can use a food processor if you prefer, we wanted chopped pieces)
- Chop onion into small pieces
- Sautee chopped garlic in skillet for about 2-3 minutes. Add in chopped mushrooms and onions and allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Chop kale into small pieces
- Add chopped kale in skillet and cook together with onion and mushrooms for about 10 minutes or until kale is cooked down
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add all skillet ingredients to a mixing bowl and allow to cool before adding in ricotta cheese. Mix in ricotta and stir well!
- Begin to boil pot of water for steaming
- Lay out half the wonton wrappers on parchment paper
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and place it in middle of wonton wrappers
- Dip your finger in warm water and trace along all edges of wonton wrapper (do one at a time)
- Place top wonton wrapper along wet edges and press and seal tightly – make sure all edges are sealed completely
- Complete all wontons
- Place sealed wontons in boiling water – suggest doing 5 at a time
- Add butter into small saucepan and heat until browned
- Plate your ravioli, add browned butter, and top with burrata!