Walking into Pow Pow I didn’t know what to expect. I heard it was a mix of three Asian cuisines (Japanese, Chinese and Korean) with a twist of American, which confused me – I was like ok so what is it? But when I had my first bite of each dish (we sampled all the menu) I understood that all I needed to know was that this is awesome food! I forgot what culture were they mixing and just wanted more of those Kimchi French fries!
POW POW was founded by local musician/restaurateur, Shaun Sharkey and Lavagna’s second year in a row, “DC’s Best Italian Restaurant of the year” owner, Stephen Cheung. They have also included Sticky Rice creator/owner, John Yamashita and other area chefs to create the awesome menu you should definitely go try.
So here are the reasons why we loved Pow Pow:
- Art art art. The huge piece across the wall makes the ambiance fun and cool. Who doesn’t want that?
- Super vegan, vegetarian and gluten free friendly! For my gluten-free friends try the fried chicken yum yum yum.
- Prices are great compared to the portions you are getting. So yay for affordable food that’s also healthy!
- Located on H st which has tons of new places and character. Go there and explore. I’d recommend passing by Maketto for some delicious coffee, tea and store on their first and second floors while you are in the neighborhood.
- It’s simply delicious – just look at the pictures below I snapped for you. Try all the dishes with the pineapple kimchi, trust me you won’t be disappointed.
Tried Pow Pow yourself? Agree? Disagree? Let us know what’s your favorite item on the menu! And keep following our food adventures!