- chicken thighs, boneless, skin on
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup juice from bread and butter pickles
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken. In a medium bowl, combine smashed garlic with 1 cup pickle juice and thyme. Add chicken and marinade for 1-2 hours. After marinating, remove from brine and pat dry with paper towel.
- Prepare the dredge. In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk and eggs. Combine flour and seasonings in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, boat chicken in buttermilk and dredge in flour. Transfer to a baking sheet and return to the fridge for 20-30 min.
- Heat at least 2” of neutral oil over medium heat until oil reaches 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, fry chicken for approx. 8 min or until cooked through.
- Drain on clean paper towel and season with kosher salt.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar
- ½ cup mayonnaise (preferably Dukes)
- 8 oz. pimento peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 3 dashes hot sauce (preferably tobacco)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or store in the the fridge for up to one week.
- potato rolls
- pickle slices