Skip the fries, and spice up your life!
Did you know that September is National Potato Month?! Well you’ve got a few days left to celebrate the starchy legume, and one way to do it is with a quick and delicious curry! Find our recipe for a deliciuos potato curry below, or check out Tandoor Chef frozen meals at Safeway and Whole Foods for a quick and easy alternative to making curry yourself.
- 1 cup potatoes cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1/8 tsp. Kasuri Methi (or mustard powder)
- 1/8 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 cup chopped chicken breast (optional)
- After you have all your ingredients, start heating oil in a medium pan. Then, add cumin and fry them until they begin to crackle.
- Season your chicken with the a little Garam Masala, turmeric, and chili powder.
- Mix in chicken, onion, green chili and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add in your chopped tomatoes and turmeric and continue to cook until soft and chicken is tender. Add chili powder and potatoes, sauté for a few minutes, until the potatoes are tender but not mushy. Season the dish with desired seasonings and heat through for 1-2 minutes until all of the ingredients come together.
- We suggest serving this tasty curry over rice and with a side of Tandoor Chef Naan Bread!
Check out Hangry Michelle on WBFF Fox 45 demonstrating the curry for National Potato Month below!