It’s Spring, finally! This means flowers are blooming, the Nationals are playing, interns are starting, and restaurants are adding some new dishes to their menus. Some are new, some are classic, but here are six DC dishes we are in love with right now and you should be too.
1. The new housemade pork pate at Le Diplomate:
2. P.J. Clarke’s new Baltimore crab dip with housemade remoulade:
3. Fresh sunchokes at Beuchert’s Saloon:
4. This housemade coconut cream pie from Joe’s Stone Crab. Note, the Joe’s in DC is the only one with an in house bakery!
5. Going back to Ben’s Chili Bowl for half-smokes because that’s what you do when it’s warm out. Hot dogs = America!
6. This new, off-the-menu veal cheesesteak from Brasserie Beck: