Masa Harina Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup masa harina
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix for one minute on medium speed.
- In a small bowl, combine masa harina, cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients, alternating with wet until just barely mixed.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and distribute batter, filling wells ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 allspice berries
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- 1 pint blueberries
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 5-10 min until mixture has slightly thickened.
- Strain and let mixture cool slightly.
- In a clean jar, pour strained pickling liquid over blueberries and place in fridge for 5-7 days before eating.
Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small sauce pan, combine cream, half-and-half, and sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat, taking caution to ensure the mixture doesn’t boil over. Whisk constantly.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl, slowly whisk 1/4 cup hot cream into egg yolks to temper. Whisking constantly, gradually add egg mixture into pot with hot cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Take the pot off the heat and whisk in vanilla and sour cream, strain into a container and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight and churn according to ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
Pistachio Oat Streusel
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and spread streusel evenly. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 30-40 min depending on your oven.