You’ve seen the Instagrams of the giant stacked crispy outside gooey inside 6 ounce Levain Bakery cookies. Maybe you’ve even waited in the long line in New York to enter the tiny downstairs bakery on the Upper West Side. But no need to make make the trip, wait in the line and buy a cookie. NOW you can make them in your kitchen!
One tip of advice: best eaten right out of the oven.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Place baking sheet with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Beat the butter until comes together. Add in the sugars and beat until all mixture come together
- Mix in eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed
- Gradually add in flour into mixture
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Shape dough into balls – but do not roll round
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool, cut in half, take beautiful picture and enjoy!
Let us know how it goes, tag your Instagram pic #HungryLobbyistLeavinCookie