“Are you cool man?” is defiantly a question you’ll want to ask yourself before you buy a ticket to Blazed & Glazed – DC’s first food festival for pot enthusiasts.
But don’t plan to actually consume any marijuana on site. Organizers maintain this is merely an event for enthusiasts to learn the cooking techniques to properly create a meal using cannabis at their homes under the perfectly legal guidelines of Initiate 71.
They advise to “come high, leave full.”
All the details are below according to their ticketing page. Just remember…be cool man.
Learn how to make cannabutter, THC tincture + marijuana-infused munchies!
Includes exclusive savory doughnut sandwich from Astro Doughnuts and a beer!
All for only $42!
Discover how to cook with marijuana at the first ever food festival for pot enthusiasts on Sunday, May 15th at Mess Hall (703 Edgewood St. NE, Washington, D.C., 20017) starting at 11 A.M.
Your ticket includes three pot-tastic classes. Matthew Doherty, co-creator of East Coast Grow and authoritative consultant to marijuana cultivators, will teach attendees “How to Make Cannabutter” and “The Art of THC Tinctures.” A third class* will feature the event’s featured chefs as they take turns crafting their own high-end munchies (many of which will incorporate cannabis in some way). Each ticket holder will receive a complimentary beer and an Astro Doughnut sandwich made exclusively for the event (a savory rosemary doughnut with pimento chicken salad and Gordy’s pickled jalapeños).
Additional local food and beverages will be available for purchase from our vendors: Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken, PornBurger, Tarver King, executive chef of the award-winning Restaurant at Patowmack Farm, Sloppy Mama’s Barbeque, The Fry Brothers and Westray’s Finest Ice Cream.
Tickets are available for five entry times on Sunday, May 15th: 11 A.M., 12:30 P.M., 2 P.M., 3:30 P.M. and 5 P.M.
*A different chef will be featured in each entry time.
*************** AGES 21 & OVER ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS ***************
***DISCLAIMER: ATTENDEES AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES***
1. I will not smoke, vape, drink, eat or otherwise consume marijuana or marijuana infused foods on the premises of Mess Hall.
2. I shall not sell or otherwise seek remuneration for marijuana or infused marijuana products.
3. I shall not solicit donations for marijuana or marijuana-infused products.
4. I shall not drive or operate a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or infused marijuana products.
5. I’m aware of my Initiative 71 rights and shall not violate the lawful terms of possession, transfer, or consumption.
6. I shall immediately remove myself peacefully without further action required by the organizers if asked to vacate the premises for violating the event’s rules of admittance